Written by Gelato Products
There are many occupations in life that allow you to share in the fun and enjoyment of other people. Opening your own gelato shop is one of them. There are a lot of things to consider when opening a gelato shop, and getting the right gelato supplies is one of them. Let’s take a look at the sort of supplies you will need for daily operations:
Gelato maker – The first and most important piece of equipment is the gelato maker. You will need to work out the exact menu of flavors and then order the number of machines you will need. There are a lot of different machines out there so do some research for models that fit your needs.
Ingredients – This is the next most important. As with cooking the better the ingredients, the better the gelato. You will need fresh fruit or any others additions you need for the various flavors and toppings you plan to sell.
Containers – You will need containers for both storage and display. Make sure to get any other associated items like pan liner lids etc.
Serving containers – The final daily item you will need are the final storage containers. These disposable containers are what you hand over to customers. You will only need these if you operate a take away only outfit. Any in store operation will also need reusable bowls to service sit-in customers. All of these items can be customized with your logo and branding but early on plain colors work fine.
Gelato Products offers a wide range of products including gelato pan liners and related accessories.
As you might expect from the name, Zankou Chicken is known primarily for its chicken and the delicious garlic sauce that goes with it. What you might not expect is that ZAnkou Chicken has an extensive offering of vegan friendly options that are sure to leave any vegan full and happy.
When Zankou was founded in Beirut, it was just known as “Zankou” and the falafel was one of the earliest additions to the menu. People couldn’t get enough of the garlic sauce, and falafel was an excellent way to enjoy even more of it.
Recently, the falafel recipe changed to make it truly something special. The family searched for the proper blend of local spices. It also orders its garbanzo beans fresh from local farms, which it was doing already for the hummus (which is also vegan friendly). Each ball is fried to perfection and served by itself as part of a plate, or in a warm pita as part of a sandwich. The crunch is simply amazing, and the garlic paste to top it off is a surefire winner.
For side dishes, vegans have more options than meat eaters! In the middle east, vegan-friendly side dishes are basically second nature. Tabbouleh is made of fresh parsley, sourced locally, with bulgar, fresh tomatoes, onions and mint. It’s tossed in olive oil and lemon juice for flavor.
If you’re feeling adventurous, then you’ll want to try muttabal. It’s a dish not unlike baba ghanoush. It starts with eggplant that has been grilled perfectly, then tahini and locally purchased garlic are added to the mix to create a thick paste. It’s earthy, garlicy and flavorful.
Written by Gelato Products
If you are considering starting your own Ice Cream-Gelato business, there are some important aspects you should look into before creating a business plan and looking into funding.
- Products – When it comes to ice cream, your options could include organic, all natural products or high fat premium ice creams.
- Location – You could sell your products at a high street store, a farm shop, wholesale or together with a bookstore or beauty parlour.
- Equipment – You will requite display freezers, if you’re looking at your own store. If not, you could consider selling your products from a trike, an old fashioned barrow or from a delivery van/ truck.
- Containers – You will need to look at how you will store your products. If you own a store, you will need steel ice cream containers. On the other hand if you are selling your ice cream from a truck or van you will need ice cream cups, similar to frozen yogurt cups, to serve your products. For customers who like their ice cream in a cone, you could consider making your own waffle cones or buying pre-made cones.
- Recipe and cost – Fine tune your recipe and calculate your cost. You will have to ensure that your serving sizes are costed and your retail and wholesale price points cover all your costs and includes a profit.
- Selling additional products – If you consider selling other products like drinks, coffee or fancy toppings, you will need to purchase all equipment and ingredients for those items as well. For example, if you are offering drinks from your ice cream van, you will have to purchase an automatic drink mixer machine and white paper cups.
Gelato Products offers a wide range of products including ice cream cups and related accessories.