Written by Gelato Products
If you are considering starting your own Ice Cream-Gelato business, there are some important aspects you should look into before creating a business plan and looking into funding.
- Products – When it comes to ice cream, your options could include organic, all natural products or high fat premium ice creams.
- Location – You could sell your products at a high street store, a farm shop, wholesale or together with a bookstore or beauty parlour.
- Equipment – You will requite display freezers, if you’re looking at your own store. If not, you could consider selling your products from a trike, an old fashioned barrow or from a delivery van/ truck.
- Containers – You will need to look at how you will store your products. If you own a store, you will need steel ice cream containers. On the other hand if you are selling your ice cream from a truck or van you will need ice cream cups, similar to frozen yogurt cups, to serve your products. For customers who like their ice cream in a cone, you could consider making your own waffle cones or buying pre-made cones.
- Recipe and cost – Fine tune your recipe and calculate your cost. You will have to ensure that your serving sizes are costed and your retail and wholesale price points cover all your costs and includes a profit.
- Selling additional products – If you consider selling other products like drinks, coffee or fancy toppings, you will need to purchase all equipment and ingredients for those items as well. For example, if you are offering drinks from your ice cream van, you will have to purchase an automatic drink mixer machine and white paper cups.
Gelato Products offers a wide range of products including ice cream cups and related accessories.